Kings Co man arrested after baby injured
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 7-week-old baby is recovering from severe injuries at Children's Hospital Central California.
The Kings County Sheriff's Office arrested the child's 20-year-old father, Jonathan Tafoya, for felony child abuse and torture.
The child had a broken arm, a cracked rib, and bruising on its head and body.
Tafoya is being held at the Kings County Jail. Bail is set at $625,000 dollars.
The child will be taken into protective custody by child protective services when released from the hospital.
kings county, madera county, childrens hospital central california, local
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez 46 min ago
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks 55 min ago
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members