Sanger police investigating murder of woman
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are investigating a homicide after a woman's body was discovered at a Sanger home.
The Fresno County Corner's Office has now identified the victim by her married name - Sandra Beyer.
Beyer's family describes her a good mother who had a strong faith. They say she often volunteered time at a local church.
Now they're hoping someone can help.
"I am dying to know how my daughter died, I know my daughter is dead but I don't know how she died," the victim's mother, Rosie Cantu, said.
Cantu still cannot believe her daughter was murdered.
"We are all devastated, we are all very sad. There is a long road ahead of us and I know that I have to keep myself strong for everybody," Cantu said.
Sanger Police went to a house after getting a call on Sunday at 9 a.m.
"We got a call from a family member, they didn't want to give their name at that time. They just said to check the residence, possibly someone injured at that apartment," Sgt. Greg Velasquez of the Sanger Police Department said.
When they arrived they found 41-year-old Sandra Beyer's body inside. Family members say Sandra went to Sanger High and adored her daughter.
"She was amazing she provided perfectly for her daughter, she was there mentally, physically, everything, she loved her daughter so much," Yanet Garcia, the victim's sister, said.
Garcia says her 11-year-old daughter was in the house when police arrived. Investigators are not releasing many details but believe whoever is responsible knew Sandra well.
"Most likely because there's not signs of forced entry into the house. It's probably someone who has access to the house or know the family that well enough to be able to be in the house," Velasquez said.
Family members say they have not been able to get in touch with Sandra's husband.
This is the third homicide in the city this year. Anyone with any information is asked to call Sanger Police.
sanger, fresno county, crimetracker, homicide, murder, local, mariana jacob
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident 28 min ago
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Fresno County veteran receives national award
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations