San Jose considers hiring Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The city of San Jose is in the process of hiring a new police chief because the current one is retiring. And there's a Central Valley chief officials are considering.
City officials have a list of potential candidates including Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer and the Sacramento police chief.
Action News reached out to Chief Dyer and he said he has not applied for the San Jose police chief position or any other positions outside of Fresno.
The current San Jose chief, Chris Moore, was hired in 2010. He will stay on as chief until mid-January.
fresno police department, jerry dyer, local
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Fresno State men's basketball to play in CBI tourney
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria 3 min ago
- 2.8-magnitude earthquake hits Coalinga area
- Runners hit streets for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- Clovis sting busts adults buying alcohol for minors
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over California
- Oprah Winfrey to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago 16 min ago