San Jose considers hiring Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The city of San Jose is in the process of hiring a new police chief because the current one is retiring. And there's a Central Valley chief officials are considering.
City officials have a list of potential candidates including Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer and the Sacramento police chief.
Action News reached out to Chief Dyer and he said he has not applied for the San Jose police chief position or any other positions outside of Fresno.
The current San Jose chief, Chris Moore, was hired in 2010. He will stay on as chief until mid-January.
fresno police department, jerry dyer, local
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather
- History of snow in Fresno and Porterville
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather
- Three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95