San Jose considers hiring Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The city of San Jose is in the process of hiring a new police chief because the current one is retiring. And there's a Central Valley chief officials are considering.
City officials have a list of potential candidates including Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer and the Sacramento police chief.
Action News reached out to Chief Dyer and he said he has not applied for the San Jose police chief position or any other positions outside of Fresno.
The current San Jose chief, Chris Moore, was hired in 2010. He will stay on as chief until mid-January.
fresno police department, jerry dyer, local
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado 13 min ago
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- State senate special election approaching
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley
- Photos: Aftermath of deadly tornadoes
- Madera County fire nearly contained
- Asparagus demand goes up as supply shrinks
- California cherry harvest begins
- California sheep ranchers face high costs, competition
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities
- FPU hopes Wilson is answer for women's hoops