Three arrested for string of Valley, NorCal robberies
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Three men have been arrested for using guns to rob several Valley businesses. Police say the trio even targeted stores in Northern California.
Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer says these men ran a sophisticated operation that targeted local convenience stores, pharmacies, motels and even luxury brand stores, like Louis Vuitton in Northern California.
Chief Dyer said, "These are Fresno criminals, home grown Fresno criminals that were not only committing armed robberies in the city of Fresno, city of Madera but also several Northern California cities and it's good to see them off the streets."
Police have now arrested 36-year-old Rozelle Summerise, 38-year-old Darrell Johnson, and 42-year-old Jules Hollis for the crimes that spanned three weeks. The spree started on October 26th when one suspect robbed a CVS at gunpoint and four days later hit a Check and Go.
"Over that three week period there were seven armed business robberies in the city of Fresno," said Chief Jerry Dyer.
In the video, you'll see surveillance photos of the three men wearing nylon masks at an early November hold-up at a grocery store. Detectives say the men also stole from two local motels.
Chief Jerry Dyer said, "The suspect was wearing a wig, baseball cap and glasses and had walked into the business enquired about a room, left came back 4 minutes later, committed a robbery with a handgun."
In every case investigators say the suspects took off with cash. But detectives say what's unusual, is the men even expanded their territory to as far away as Sacramento, San Jose, and Vacaville where they stole more than $100 thousand worth of goods.
"That included Burberrys, Nordstrom, Gucci and Louis Vuitton," Chief Jerry Dyer said. "These individuals committed a burglary where they would run into the business, grab a significant amount of merchandise and then they would leave the business."
Chief Dyer says Rozelle Summerise is a gang member with an extensive criminal history, and is the mastermind behind the robberies.
After serving a search warrant at a Fresno home, police uncovered the wig and the gun they believe he used in the crimes.
Chief Dyer added, "He is a violent criminal."
Summerise is in the Fresno County jail and being charged with seven counts of armed robbery. Police say they also found methamphetamine in his home.
crimetracker, robbery, jerry dyer, fresno police department, fresno, fresno county, madera, madera county, local, mariana jacob
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 35 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case