Officer involved shooting in Kings County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Kings County Sheriff's Office said a deputy opened fire after a suspect pointed a gun at the pursuing officer.
According to the sheriff's office, a deputy tried to pull over a car that was driving at high speed through a residential area at around 12:30 a.m. Wednesday. Deputies said the suspect refused to stop, prompting a chase near the Santa Rosa Rancheria, south of Lemoore.
Authorities said the car eventually stopped near the Rancheria Elder Center, and five people got out of the vehicle and began to run. The sheriff's offices said the driver of the car pointed a gun at the deputy and the deputy opened fire. The suspect was not hit and escaped on foot.
The other four people in the car were detained and questioned by detectives.
Later, SWAT teams surrounded a home on the Santa Rosa Rancheria were the suspect was believed to be. Jeffery Jeff was found on the roof of the home, hiding behind an air conditioning unit. He was booked into the Kings County Jail.
Nobody was injured in the incident. Anyone who may have witnessed the event is encouraged to contact the Kings Co. Sheriff's Office.
santa rosa rancheria, lemoore, kings county, officer involved shooting, high speed chase, crimetracker, swat, local
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos