Officer involved shooting in Kings County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Kings County Sheriff's Office said a deputy opened fire after a suspect pointed a gun at the pursuing officer.
According to the sheriff's office, a deputy tried to pull over a car that was driving at high speed through a residential area at around 12:30 a.m. Wednesday. Deputies said the suspect refused to stop, prompting a chase near the Santa Rosa Rancheria, south of Lemoore.
Authorities said the car eventually stopped near the Rancheria Elder Center, and five people got out of the vehicle and began to run. The sheriff's offices said the driver of the car pointed a gun at the deputy and the deputy opened fire. The suspect was not hit and escaped on foot.
The other four people in the car were detained and questioned by detectives.
Later, SWAT teams surrounded a home on the Santa Rosa Rancheria were the suspect was believed to be. Jeffery Jeff was found on the roof of the home, hiding behind an air conditioning unit. He was booked into the Kings County Jail.
Nobody was injured in the incident. Anyone who may have witnessed the event is encouraged to contact the Kings Co. Sheriff's Office.
santa rosa rancheria, lemoore, kings county, officer involved shooting, high speed chase, crimetracker, swat, local
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos