Clovis Community Medical Center opens new building
CLOVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- Clovis Community Medical Center finally got a chance to see its newest building in action. Dozens of patients were transferred to the new five-story bed tower.
Jerome Kasper is recovering from surgery at Clovis Community Hospital, however he's now doing it in a whole new building. Wednesday, he was one of the last few patients transferred into the hospital's new state-of-the-art bed tower.
Kasper says he is enjoying the new buildings amenities, which include private rooms and the GetWell Network, putting the internet and education at patient's fingertips.
"I just started playing with it and I liked what I see so far," Kasper said. "I mean to me, there's both technology, which is important."
The building also comes with an expanded emergency care, additional labor and delivery rooms and new dining options.
"Our new operating rooms which opened last Monday," Craig Castro said. "They are the most technically advanced in the U.S. Surgeons can be operating and be talking to the pathologist."
And since the patients have moved into the new building, crews can now begin renovating the older section of the hospital, all to meet the goal of doubling the hospital's capacity to more than 200 private rooms.
The five-story bed tower is just one piece of this major renovation project at Clovis Community. Right now, construction crews are working on a health center, medical plaza and women's pavilion. The entire Clovis Community Center is expected to be completed by the end of 2013.
clovis community hospital, clovis, fresno county, local, amanda venegas
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports 40 min ago
- California farmers to get more water
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Air National Guard honors city of Madera 15 min ago
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- Good Sports: Cheerforce Vengeance