Several law enforcement agencies search Fresno home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Several people were detained at a home on Valentine and Olive in West Central Fresno while a search warrant was served.
There was a large law enforcement presence Thursday morning as several different agencies from Fresno and Kings Counties descended on the West Olive property, looking for drugs.
Authorities arrived at the house around 7:30 Thursday morning. They described the property as a large complex with at least five structures, including homes and businesses, on at least four acres.
The Clovis Police Bomb Squad, and officers with the Avenal and Hanford Police Departments assisted in the search of the complex. Authorities said at least five people were detained. Investigators are trying to determine if those people are involved in possible drug activity on the property.
Some neighbors said they have seen a lot of suspicious activity around the property -- and it's not the first time the property has been raided.
"It's always been that way as long as I've lived here -- and I've lived here 20 years. And this is, I think, the sixth raid on this property here, since I've been here," said Bob Ausburn, neighbor.
Olive Avenue was closed for several hours Thursday morning between Valentine and Brawley while officers searched the home. It has since re-opened.
Officers were still investigating the complex Thursday afternoon.
fresno, fresno county, fresno west central, local
- Patricia Perez and David Barrera found guilty of first degree murder 13 min ago
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 41 min ago
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised 28 min ago
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use 49 min ago
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos