Several law enforcement agencies search Fresno home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Several people were detained at a home on Valentine and Olive in West Central Fresno while a search warrant was served.
There was a large law enforcement presence Thursday morning as several different agencies from Fresno and Kings Counties descended on the West Olive property, looking for drugs.
Authorities arrived at the house around 7:30 Thursday morning. They described the property as a large complex with at least five structures, including homes and businesses, on at least four acres.
The Clovis Police Bomb Squad, and officers with the Avenal and Hanford Police Departments assisted in the search of the complex. Authorities said at least five people were detained. Investigators are trying to determine if those people are involved in possible drug activity on the property.
Some neighbors said they have seen a lot of suspicious activity around the property -- and it's not the first time the property has been raided.
"It's always been that way as long as I've lived here -- and I've lived here 20 years. And this is, I think, the sixth raid on this property here, since I've been here," said Bob Ausburn, neighbor.
Olive Avenue was closed for several hours Thursday morning between Valentine and Brawley while officers searched the home. It has since re-opened.
Officers were still investigating the complex Thursday afternoon.
fresno, fresno county, fresno west central, local
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Sal's prepares holiday tamales
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos