Man shot outside Rick Ross concert at Fresno's Save Mart Center
FRESNO STATE, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators say one man was shot in the leg outside a concert for rapper Rick Ross at the Save Mart Center in Northeast Fresno.
Fresno State Police say the shots rang out in a parking lot of the Save Mart Center, around eleven Thursday night -- shortly after the Rick Ross concert.
One man was injured, but is expected to survive. There is no word on how many people were involved in the incident -- but police say the shooting appears to be gang related.
"We detained six subjects, they're being transported to the University Police Department and the Fresno police and university detectives will interview them to ascertain what happened," said David Huerta, Fresno State Police Chief.
Police say the shooting did not impact the rest of the campus. Investigators have not said if the victim was a Fresno State student.
crimetracker, shooting, save mart center, fresno northeast, fresno, fresno county, local, rick montanez
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate 12 min ago
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach 29 min ago
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy 7 min ago
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
49 min ago