Man shot outside Rick Ross concert at Fresno's Save Mart Center
FRESNO STATE, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators say one man was shot in the leg outside a concert for rapper Rick Ross at the Save Mart Center in Northeast Fresno.
Fresno State Police say the shots rang out in a parking lot of the Save Mart Center, around eleven Thursday night -- shortly after the Rick Ross concert.
One man was injured, but is expected to survive. There is no word on how many people were involved in the incident -- but police say the shooting appears to be gang related.
"We detained six subjects, they're being transported to the University Police Department and the Fresno police and university detectives will interview them to ascertain what happened," said David Huerta, Fresno State Police Chief.
Police say the shooting did not impact the rest of the campus. Investigators have not said if the victim was a Fresno State student.
crimetracker, shooting, save mart center, fresno northeast, fresno, fresno county, local, rick montanez
- Pedestrian killed in Highway 99 hit and run crash
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- New Adopt-a-Tree Program at Two Sisters U-Pick Apricots
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos