Man shot outside Rick Ross concert at Fresno's Save Mart Center
FRESNO STATE, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators say one man was shot in the leg outside a concert for rapper Rick Ross at the Save Mart Center in Northeast Fresno.
Fresno State Police say the shots rang out in a parking lot of the Save Mart Center, around eleven Thursday night -- shortly after the Rick Ross concert.
One man was injured, but is expected to survive. There is no word on how many people were involved in the incident -- but police say the shooting appears to be gang related.
"We detained six subjects, they're being transported to the University Police Department and the Fresno police and university detectives will interview them to ascertain what happened," said David Huerta, Fresno State Police Chief.
Police say the shooting did not impact the rest of the campus. Investigators have not said if the victim was a Fresno State student.
crimetracker, shooting, save mart center, fresno northeast, fresno, fresno county, local, rick montanez
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos