Man shot outside Rick Ross concert at Fresno's Save Mart Center
FRESNO STATE, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators say one man was shot in the leg outside a concert for rapper Rick Ross at the Save Mart Center in Northeast Fresno.
Fresno State Police say the shots rang out in a parking lot of the Save Mart Center, around eleven Thursday night -- shortly after the Rick Ross concert.
One man was injured, but is expected to survive. There is no word on how many people were involved in the incident -- but police say the shooting appears to be gang related.
"We detained six subjects, they're being transported to the University Police Department and the Fresno police and university detectives will interview them to ascertain what happened," said David Huerta, Fresno State Police Chief.
Police say the shooting did not impact the rest of the campus. Investigators have not said if the victim was a Fresno State student.
crimetracker, shooting, save mart center, fresno northeast, fresno, fresno county, local, rick montanez
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos