Third person arrested in Madera shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Madera police have arrested a third person they believe is tied to a shooting that killed a teenager and injured a little girl.
Luis Gonzalez, 18, and two other teens are now in custody. The 18-year-old who died in the shooting has now been identified as Alejandro Vazquez.
Investigators say the gunman got out of a car in the area of Tulare and Wessmith Thursday night and shot Vazquez twice. The bullets also injured his twin brother and an eight-year-old girl. They're both recovering.
Vazquez's little sister says she witnessed the shooting. "He was a good brother, I was always there for him. When he had bad times, I was there for him. He shouldn't have died like that," said Rosa Vazquez.
Vazquez says her brother had tried to leave the gang lifestyle behind. Detectives believe he and the suspects were involved in an on-going dispute.
madera, madera county, shooting, homicide, local
- Officer-involved shooting in Tulare County 6 min ago
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet 34 min ago
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case 48 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident