Third person arrested in Madera shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Madera police have arrested a third person they believe is tied to a shooting that killed a teenager and injured a little girl.
Luis Gonzalez, 18, and two other teens are now in custody. The 18-year-old who died in the shooting has now been identified as Alejandro Vazquez.
Investigators say the gunman got out of a car in the area of Tulare and Wessmith Thursday night and shot Vazquez twice. The bullets also injured his twin brother and an eight-year-old girl. They're both recovering.
Vazquez's little sister says she witnessed the shooting. "He was a good brother, I was always there for him. When he had bad times, I was there for him. He shouldn't have died like that," said Rosa Vazquez.
Vazquez says her brother had tried to leave the gang lifestyle behind. Detectives believe he and the suspects were involved in an on-going dispute.
madera, madera county, shooting, homicide, local
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies
- Accuweather Forecast
24 min ago