Third person arrested in Madera shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Madera police have arrested a third person they believe is tied to a shooting that killed a teenager and injured a little girl.
Luis Gonzalez, 18, and two other teens are now in custody. The 18-year-old who died in the shooting has now been identified as Alejandro Vazquez.
Investigators say the gunman got out of a car in the area of Tulare and Wessmith Thursday night and shot Vazquez twice. The bullets also injured his twin brother and an eight-year-old girl. They're both recovering.
Vazquez's little sister says she witnessed the shooting. "He was a good brother, I was always there for him. When he had bad times, I was there for him. He shouldn't have died like that," said Rosa Vazquez.
Vazquez says her brother had tried to leave the gang lifestyle behind. Detectives believe he and the suspects were involved in an on-going dispute.
madera, madera county, shooting, homicide, local
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe