Clovis Children's Electric Christmas Parade information
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Old Town Clovis Kiwanis Club presents the Sierra Vista Mall and Clovis Community Foundation Children's Electric Christmas Parade beginning at 6:30 in the evening tomorrow, December 1st.
Participants will start readying their floats and other entries for the extravaganza of lights about 5 p.m. The parade, now in its 25th year, will last about one hour. This is the 8th year the Old Town Clovis Kiwanis have made this holiday tradition possible. In addition to floats decorated and lighted for the holidays, spectators can expect to see Clovis high school marching bands, decorated cars, equestrians and more. This year's parade has about 80 entries.
Road closures begin at 5 p.m. Saturday in and around Old Town Clovis to prepare for the parade. Drivers should note that 5th Street west of Sunnyside (to Clovis Avenue) and Rodeo Drive at Clovis Avenue will close at 5 p.m. Other parade route streets, including Clovis Avenue (see boundary areas below), will close at 5:30 p.m. More than 30 Clovis Police officers, reserves, Explorers and volunteers will be staffing the event.
The parade route is: the Rodeo Grounds (starting point), south on Clovis Avenue to 8th Street, west on 8th to Pollasky, north on Pollasky to 3rd Street, east on 3rd to Clovis Avenue, and south on Clovis Avenue back to the Rodeo Grounds.
The boundary areas (closed to traffic) are: to the west, Pollasky; to the north, Sierra; to the east, Sunnyside; and to the south, Barstow Avenue.
The Clovis Kiwanis will be offering free shuttle service from the Sierra Vista Mall's Community Park to the 900 block of Clovis Avenue (between Foster's Freeze and Robertito's restaurants) to ease traffic congestion around the parade route. The shuttles will run from 5 p.m. until 9 p.m. or until after the parade ends.
clovis, fresno county, local
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder 39 min ago
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom 31 min ago
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- Wheels of Hope awards Valley family a new car
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Police increase presence at Edison High...
37 min ago
- Police search for suspects who shot a...
31 min ago
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree...
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos