Emergency closures scheduled for tonight for West Loop-SW Freeway interchange
HOUSTON -- If you plan to drive near the Southwest Freeway/West Loop interchange, you might want to consider an alternate route.
On Sunday afternoon, TxDOT says an oversized 18-wheeler struck the bridge on the Highway 59 northbound connector to 610 West northbound.
Engineers examined the bridge and determined that they need to make emergency repairs to a damaged beam. As a result, they closed the Southwest Freeway northbound connector ramp to the 610 West Loop northbound.
One outside lane of the 610 West Loop northbound at Highway 59 is closed so TxDOT can minimize distress.
The repair is expected to be complete before rush hour Tuesday morning.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest on this emergency closure.
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- Bob Wills home threatened by development 11 min ago
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico 33 min ago
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
31 min ago
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
24 min ago
- Historic home of country music legend Bob...
19 min ago
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos