Grease fire damages 4 Fresno apartments
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities say a kitchen fire damaged four apartments and displaced several people in Northwest Fresno.
Nearly 40 firefighters rushed to an eight-plex on Marks, near Clinton on Sunday. Investigators say a kitchen fire grew out of control after the residents tried to put out the flames with water. The fire spread to three other units.
No one was injured, and the apartment manager is now helping the affected tenants find other places to stay. Officials say this is a reminder to keep a fire extinguisher in your kitchen because water makes grease fires worse.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, fire, local
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store 57 min ago
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos