Grease fire damages 4 Fresno apartments
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities say a kitchen fire damaged four apartments and displaced several people in Northwest Fresno.
Nearly 40 firefighters rushed to an eight-plex on Marks, near Clinton on Sunday. Investigators say a kitchen fire grew out of control after the residents tried to put out the flames with water. The fire spread to three other units.
No one was injured, and the apartment manager is now helping the affected tenants find other places to stay. Officials say this is a reminder to keep a fire extinguisher in your kitchen because water makes grease fires worse.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, fire, local
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball! 48 min ago
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Car crashes into a parade injuring around 60 people
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos