Grease fire damages 4 Fresno apartments
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities say a kitchen fire damaged four apartments and displaced several people in Northwest Fresno.
Nearly 40 firefighters rushed to an eight-plex on Marks, near Clinton on Sunday. Investigators say a kitchen fire grew out of control after the residents tried to put out the flames with water. The fire spread to three other units.
No one was injured, and the apartment manager is now helping the affected tenants find other places to stay. Officials say this is a reminder to keep a fire extinguisher in your kitchen because water makes grease fires worse.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, fire, local
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- SoCal nurse in critical condition after stabbing
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter 21 min ago
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps 50 min ago
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help 44 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart