Grease fire damages 4 Fresno apartments
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities say a kitchen fire damaged four apartments and displaced several people in Northwest Fresno.
Nearly 40 firefighters rushed to an eight-plex on Marks, near Clinton on Sunday. Investigators say a kitchen fire grew out of control after the residents tried to put out the flames with water. The fire spread to three other units.
No one was injured, and the apartment manager is now helping the affected tenants find other places to stay. Officials say this is a reminder to keep a fire extinguisher in your kitchen because water makes grease fires worse.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, fire, local
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos