Brief mayday call at 2-alarm house fire in NE Houston
HOUSTON -- There was a brief mayday call Monday at a 2-alarm house fire in northeast Houston.
It happened during a fire at a home on Ley and Elbert around 9:30am. Heavy fire and smoke were coming from the house when firefighters arrived on the scene. Some of them experienced a sudden amount of steam and were disoriented.
A mayday was called but quickly canceled. No firefighters were hurt.
Arson investigators are looking into the cause of the fire.
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season 8 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident