Brief mayday call at 2-alarm house fire in NE Houston
HOUSTON -- There was a brief mayday call Monday at a 2-alarm house fire in northeast Houston.
It happened during a fire at a home on Ley and Elbert around 9:30am. Heavy fire and smoke were coming from the house when firefighters arrived on the scene. Some of them experienced a sudden amount of steam and were disoriented.
A mayday was called but quickly canceled. No firefighters were hurt.
Arson investigators are looking into the cause of the fire.
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment 8 min ago
- SoCal nurse in critical condition after stabbing 34 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart