'HOT lanes' open on North Freeway, allowing solo drivers with EZ tags to use HOV lanes
HOUSTON -- If you are tired of sitting in traffic on the North Freeway, you now have a new option.
On Monday morning, METRO opened the new High Occupancy Toll Lane. These 'HOT lanes' allow drivers to use the HOV lanes, even if they are the only ones in the car using their EZ tag to pay a toll.
The toll will range from $1 to $5, depending on the time of the day.
This is the third HOT lane in our area. They are also available along Gulf Freeway and the Southwest Freeway.
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Surviving the mall's food court
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Fresno man
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela