'HOT lanes' open on North Freeway, allowing solo drivers with EZ tags to use HOV lanes
HOUSTON -- If you are tired of sitting in traffic on the North Freeway, you now have a new option.
On Monday morning, METRO opened the new High Occupancy Toll Lane. These 'HOT lanes' allow drivers to use the HOV lanes, even if they are the only ones in the car using their EZ tag to pay a toll.
The toll will range from $1 to $5, depending on the time of the day.
This is the third HOT lane in our area. They are also available along Gulf Freeway and the Southwest Freeway.
- Pedestrian killed in Fresno HWY 99 hit and run 12 min ago
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos