'HOT lanes' open on North Freeway, allowing solo drivers with EZ tags to use HOV lanes
HOUSTON -- If you are tired of sitting in traffic on the North Freeway, you now have a new option.
On Monday morning, METRO opened the new High Occupancy Toll Lane. These 'HOT lanes' allow drivers to use the HOV lanes, even if they are the only ones in the car using their EZ tag to pay a toll.
The toll will range from $1 to $5, depending on the time of the day.
This is the third HOT lane in our area. They are also available along Gulf Freeway and the Southwest Freeway.
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 19 min ago
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF 19 min ago
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows 46 min ago
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases 17 min ago
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
17 min ago
- Traffic flowing through "Braided Ramps"
32 min ago
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos