Manager who police say was shot by salesman at auto dealership has died
HOUSTON -- A manager who police say was shot in a scuffle with a salesman Friday at a Mac Haik auto dealership in west Houston has died in the hospital, according to the medical examiner's office.
Police say manager Robert Kuentz and a salesman got into a confrontation Friday morning at the pre-owned car sales office of Mac Haik, and the 30-year-old was shot in the neck.
Kuentz, of Spring, was taken to the trauma center at Memorial Hermann Hospital, where he died on Monday.
The salesman, identified as Keith Edward Grimmett, 49, fled the scene in a car.
Employees who witnessed the whole thing left the dealership in a state of shock after being interviewed by police.
Several hours later, police left the dealership in a hurry. We're told Grimmett made a call to turn himself in and followed through.
According to court documents, Grimmett was upset about a meeting that had taken place to the day before the shooting. He reportedly confronted Kuentz to inform him that he wasn't happy about the way he was treated at that meeting.
Grimmett was arrested Friday on one count of aggravated assault, but Houston police say Tuesday an upgraded charge of murder is pending against him.
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000 24 min ago
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Farmers markets hit by freeze
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- Holiday season cookies and cocktails
20 min ago
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos