Mountain businesses hope for more snow
SHAVER LAKE, Calif. (KFSN) -- The weekend's storm soaked parts of the Valley and the Sierra but didn't dump as much snowfall as many in the mountains would have liked.
The raging rapids are in full force at the 4000 foot elevation in the Sierra Nevada's.
Ralph Anderson said, "It's nice being up here and seeing the weather get a little wet up here."
Anderson headed up the hills to deliver his works of art and enjoy the sunny skies after this weekend's downpour.
"Hopefully we get a little bit more up here so it's better for the water reserve," Anderson said.
Despite the recent rain business owners are hoping for more snow to attract customers from across the Valley.
Norman Kato said, "There's not a lot of people coming for the day so we're definitely off a little bit."
Norman Kato owns Shaver Coffee and Deli. He's hoping for more snow on these mountain tops. And banking on crowds stopping at his business when China Peak opens.
Kato said, "We knew it was going to be a warm storm so we kind of expected snow to be at the higher elevations."
Action News talked to staff members at the mountain resort over the phone who say the wet weather dampened this weekend's fresh powder, but they're hopeful for this weekend.
"While we are disappointed that it wasn't lower," Tim Cohee said. "If that snow had been 6000 feet as opposed 7000 feet we would have the entire mountain open right now."
Staff members say the goal is to have skiers on the upper mountain as early as Friday.
shaver lake, china peak, storm, local, mariana jacob
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting 12 min ago
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 7 min ago
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- Near drownings on the rise
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 10 min ago
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved...
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos