Woman accused of stealing her own car from tow lot
HOUSTON -- A woman is under arrest for stealing her own car overnight in north Houston.
Police tracked her and her Dodge Caliber down along the North Freeway near West Mount Houston around 3:30am.
Officers tell us the woman went to a tow lot and stole her own car after it had been towed from an apartment complex.
The storage lot workers called police and officers pulled her and her car over an hour later. She's now charged with auto theft and possibly driving while intoxicated.
Police say she got into her car after telling tow lot workers she needed to get her purse. That's when she took off, damaging her car's fender while fleeing the lot.
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well 23 min ago
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings