Police standoff ends peacefully in NE Harris County
HOUSTON -- A standoff in northeast Harris County ended peacefully after five hours of negotiation.
Deputies were called to a mobile home on Lone Pine Drive in Huffman Tuesday night. Investigators say a man assaulted his sister before barricading himself.
Lester Reid, 56, is charged with aggravated assault in the incident.
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76