Council to discuss parking meters along Washington Avenue
HOUSTON -- Houston's city council will discuss putting in paid parking along Washington Avenue today.
The program would force drivers who park on Washington Avenue to pay. The program would charge more during peak hours.
The city says the parking meters will pay for sidewalk improvements and more street lights in the area. Residents would have parking permits to reserve spaces on nearby streets.
The council could vote on the issue today, or delay that vote.
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Accuweather Forecast
42 min ago