Council to discuss parking meters along Washington Avenue
HOUSTON -- Houston's city council will discuss putting in paid parking along Washington Avenue today.
The program would force drivers who park on Washington Avenue to pay. The program would charge more during peak hours.
The city says the parking meters will pay for sidewalk improvements and more street lights in the area. Residents would have parking permits to reserve spaces on nearby streets.
The council could vote on the issue today, or delay that vote.
- 18-month-old child dies in Kern County house fire 53 min ago
- Mariposa fire evacuees are heading home
- Brian Calhoun pleads not guilty in student attack
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini, 51, dies
- Panel restores some pay for California lawmakers, governor
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Porterville to vote on gay pride proclamation
- Dave Chappelle is back with new Funny or Die tour
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true