Council to discuss parking meters along Washington Avenue
HOUSTON -- Houston's city council will discuss putting in paid parking along Washington Avenue today.
The program would force drivers who park on Washington Avenue to pay. The program would charge more during peak hours.
The city says the parking meters will pay for sidewalk improvements and more street lights in the area. Residents would have parking permits to reserve spaces on nearby streets.
The council could vote on the issue today, or delay that vote.
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California 20 min ago
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Accuweather Forecast
33 min ago
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos