Driver dies after slamming into front-end loader in SE Houston
HOUSTON -- A woman is dead in a mysterious accident in southeast Houston, where she slammed her car into construction equipment on a stretch of road that wasn't open.
The accident on Scott near Almeda Genoa Road was discovered just after 7am. Construction workers arrived and discovered a black Lexus had slammed head-on into a front-end loader on a section of Scott Street that is still under construction.
Firefighters called to the scene say the car was apparently going the wrong way on that road. It's not clear how the woman got there. There was a barricade moved, but authorities don't know yet who may have moved it.
Authorities say the engine was cool when construction crews arrived, leading them to believe the accident happened sometime overnight.
The woman killed has not been identified. The cause of the accident is still under investigation.
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting 26 min ago
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier 43 min ago
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes