Pearland school bus driver charged for alleged inappropriate contact with student
PEARLAND, TX -- A school bus driver is facing charges for allegedly having inappropriate contact with a student, according to Pearland police.
Diana Almanza is charged with Sexual Assault of a Child. Police say they were alerted by the district back on November 29 about possible inappropriate contact between Almanza and the student. Investigators say Almanza was picking up her bus and starting her route unusually early and that there was a student with her.
Police interviewed the student, whose family was living with Almanza. They say during that interview, they learned about the alleged inappropriate interaction.
Almanza was arrested yesterday. She's currently in the Pearland City Jail on a $60,000 bond.
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 14 min ago
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF 14 min ago
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows 41 min ago
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases 12 min ago
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
12 min ago
- Traffic flowing through "Braided Ramps"
27 min ago
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos