Two men charged in fatal drive-by shooting of family member in Pasadena over alleged drug transaction
HOUSTON -- Two men have been charged in Tuesday's fatal drive-by shooting in Pasadena.
George Rafael Aguilar is charged in the murder of one of his family members, Yolanda Aguilar. Also charged in the case is Adrian Aguilar. The 42-year-old is charged with murder in the case and a warrant has been issued for his arrest.
Pasadena police believe the shooting was the results of a fight over drugs. Yolanda Aguilar, 58, was riding in a vehicle her husband was driving when investigators say George Aguilar fired on the vehicle. According to police, Yolanda Aguilar's husband was actually the target.
"I think that it may have been more directed toward the driver of the vehicle, but it was the driver's wife who was actually struck by gunfire," said Pasadena Police Department Assistant Chief Bud Corbett.
Police believe the deadly shooting was over a family dispute from a few months back that involved drugs.
"There was an invitation extended from one family member to another to engage in some form of drug activity and supposedly that invitation was declined," Corbett said. "That supposedly triggered the conflict between family members."
George Aguilar, 56, was arrested Thursday. Court records show he has a lengthy criminal record including multiple DWIs, driving with a suspended license and deadly conduct. he is due in court on Thursday.
Anyone with any information regarding the location of Adrian Aguilar is asked to call the Pasadena Police Department at 713-477-1221.
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China: Vietnam detects signals from missing plane 31 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 20 min ago
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Accuweather Forecast
28 min ago
- Good Sports: Valley TNTV
18 min ago