Man takes plea deal in 2010 gang rape of 11-year-old girl in Cleveland, Texas
CLEVELAND, TX -- We have new developments in the Liberty County prosecution of the gang rape of an 11-year-old Cleveland girl.
Jamarcus Napper, 20, accepted a plea deal Wednesday. He's one of 20 adults and juveniles charged in the continuous sexual assault of the little girl.
Napper was sentenced to 15 years in prison. His plea deal comes less than a week after one of his co-defendants, Jared Cruse, was convicted and sentenced to life. The only other defendant to go to trial, Eric McGowen, was sentenced to 99 years in August.
Napper is now the 13th suspect to plead guilty.
Prosecutors expect a 21st suspect could be charged in the coming weeks.
- I-5 over the Grapevine and HWY 58 closed due to snow
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather
- History of snow in Fresno and Porterville
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather
- Three missing Dinuba children found safe