Fresno teen faces charges for false kidnapping report
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A local high school student is being charged with filing a false police report. This after she claimed she fought off a would-be kidnapper.
The teen says she was walking home from Bullard High School Tuesday, when she noticed a truck following her. She told authorities the driver got out and tried to get her to go with him.
Investigators say she claimed to have fought the man off with scissors. She eventually got away, and ran to Starr Elementary School for help. They say the teen made up the story, because she was having personal issues at school and at home.
crimetracker, kidnapping, fresno, fresno county, local
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos