Condit Elementary School among first to benefit from HISD bond
HOUSTON -- Eyewitness News has learned that Condit Elementary School in Bellaire, along with 17 other campuses, is on the list of the first set of schools to benefit from the nearly $2 billion bond issue that passed in November.
Planning and design work for the campus renovations will begin early next year, and construction is scheduled to begin by the end of 2014.
The district has split up all the campuses that will benefit from the bonds into four groups.
Construction on the final group of schools is expected to begin in 2017.
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: 2 dead after car hits crowd at SXSW
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low