Condit Elementary School among first to benefit from HISD bond
HOUSTON -- Eyewitness News has learned that Condit Elementary School in Bellaire, along with 17 other campuses, is on the list of the first set of schools to benefit from the nearly $2 billion bond issue that passed in November.
Planning and design work for the campus renovations will begin early next year, and construction is scheduled to begin by the end of 2014.
The district has split up all the campuses that will benefit from the bonds into four groups.
Construction on the final group of schools is expected to begin in 2017.
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos