Clovis attorney arrested on child pornography charges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Kenneth Cavin, 57, is charged with child pornography. Court documents show that he's been under investigation since February of 2010. That's when Clovis police seized a number of hard drives and computers from his home.
Police found videos of children being sexually abused, stories about molestation and lewd and obscene cartoon images of kids. Clovis police spokeswoman Janet Stoll-Lee told Action News, "It was disturbing because of the abuse, that you could actually see in the photographs."
Detectives went through each and every image, saying most of them were downloaded from the internet.
Kenneth Cavin handles family law cases. ABC30 found his attorney at the Cavin Law Office. Roger Wilson told Action News, "He's shocked, he really is. Obviously he's had these statements made about him, he does dispute the allegation."
Police arrested Cavin on Wednesday after a traffic stop near his home. Neighbors were afraid to go on camera but did tell Action News, this isn't the first time there's been trouble at the home.
Cavin's attorney told ABC30, his client will continue to run his Northwest Fresno office. He said the charges, "Are horrific, and the allegations are very damaging to Mr. Cavin's practice, but he's a good attorney and hopefully he'll continue to work."
Cavin is out on bond Thursday night, he'll face a judge in about two weeks. The case has been forwarded to the district attorney's office, which means there could be federal charges
crimetracker, sex crimes, clovis, fresno county, fresno, local, stephanie stone
- Sheriff: Colo. school shooter wounds 1, kills self 7 min ago
- Kansas airport worker arrested in car bomb plot 55 min ago
- American missing in Iran was on unapproved CIA mission 22 min ago
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Mega Millions jackpot raises to $425 million
- Fresno City Council holds public hearing on Westlake development
- Vigil held for victims of gang violence in Porterville
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- abcnews: Paul Ryan Says Presidential Ambitions Not...
- LA psychic, husband charged with curse scam
- California prostitutes win victim compensation
- Chaos, gunbattles, hungry kids in Central African Republic
- Lawmakers frustrated, optimistic about farm bill
- FUSD fears losing millions for low-income students