Guilty verdicts in Fresno date bait murder trial
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Amy Cabbell and Victor Guerrero have both been found guilty of first degree murder and robbery.
Prosecutors say both defendants were part of a conspiracy involving two other women used as "date bait."
Through a plea deal, Sonia Miranda and Princess Hernandez admitted their role in luring two victims out of the El Prado Bar in the summer of 2010, so they could be robbed by male friends. One of those victims was shot and killed.
Sentencing is set for February, and both Cabbell and Guerrero face life without the possibility of parole.
crimetracker, shooting, robbery, court, fresno, fresno county, local, carlos saucedo
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say 40 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Craigslist played role in Madera Co. shooting
39 min ago