Suspect charged after stabbing, shooting car salesman in southwest Houston
HOUSTON -- Detectives are searching for a man accused of stabbing then shooting his ex-girlfriend's new partner at a car dealership in southwest Houston.
The attack happened Monday evening at the John Gillman Honda dealership in the 10500 block of the West Sam Houston Parkway, and now detectives have identified 19-year-old Hersson Stanley Orellana as the suspect behind it. He's been charged with aggravated kidnapping and aggravated robbery.
Police say Orellana forced his ex-girlfriend into his car and made her call her new boyfriend, who works at the dealership, to tell him she was going to stop by. The suspect drove the woman to the dealership and hid while she got into her new boyfriend's car.
As the two were talking, Orellana confronted them and allegedly began shooting at the victim before stabbing him. The victim jumped out of the vehicle and ran away.
Orellana then stole the victim's 2005 Honda Pilot and drove away while his ex-girlfriend was still inside. He later dropped her off and absconded.
The victim was taken to Ben Taub General Hospital, but he is expected to be OK.
This is the second shooting to be reported at a Houston-area auto dealership in just as many weeks.
On November 30, a manager of a used car dealership in west Houston was shot in the neck allegedly by an employee during a confrontation. That manager, 30-year-old Robert Kuentz, died at a hospital three days later.
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos