Fresno tops Forbes dirtiest cities list
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Forbes magazine has released it's annual list of America's Dirtiest Cities.
They base the ranking on air quality, water supply and other criteria. Unfortunately, Fresno topped the list.
The magazine cites the Central Valley's geography as a major factor. The fact that the Valley traps a lot of pollutants led to Fresno's number one ranking.
The magazine also mentions issues with groundwater due to fertilizers and pesticides. But Fresno is not alone -- San Jose, Riverside and Los Angeles also made the top 20.
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 2 min ago
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week