Dynegy to sell 2 NY power plants for $23M
HOUSTON -- Dynegy Inc. plans to auction off two power plants near Newburgh, N.Y., for a combined price of $23 million.
Houston-based Dynegy in October emerged from Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
Dynegy is selling the Roseton facility to Louis Dreyfus Highbridge Energy LLC for $19.5 million in cash and assumption of certain liabilities.
The power company will sell the Danskammer facility to ICS NY Holdings LLC for $3.5 million in cash and assumption of some liabilities.
Danskammer was deemed inoperable after it was damaged by Superstorm Sandy. It will be retired and ICS eventually will demolish its remaining structures and remediate the site.
A hearing is set Dec. 21 for a bankruptcy judge to consider approving the sales.
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes burns one home 49 min ago
- El Tapatio fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- Castaic-area brush fire fully contained
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos