Two pit bulls rescued from burning home in NW Houston
HOUSTON -- A neighbor helped save two pit bulls overnight from a burning home in northwest Houston.
The home on Joe Louis and Wilburforce caught fire just after 3am. The family who lives there was not home at the time, but their three dogs were. They all made it out safely.
"There were three dogs in the house. One of them actually hunkered down in one of the back room and survived," said District Chief Kevin Carley with the Houston Fire Department. "The neighbor was able to get the other two dogs out."
Firefighters are not sure what started the fire.
The house is considered a total loss. No one was hurt.
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say 28 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Craigslist played role in Madera Co. shooting
27 min ago