Two pit bulls rescued from burning home in NW Houston
HOUSTON -- A neighbor helped save two pit bulls overnight from a burning home in northwest Houston.
The home on Joe Louis and Wilburforce caught fire just after 3am. The family who lives there was not home at the time, but their three dogs were. They all made it out safely.
"There were three dogs in the house. One of them actually hunkered down in one of the back room and survived," said District Chief Kevin Carley with the Houston Fire Department. "The neighbor was able to get the other two dogs out."
Firefighters are not sure what started the fire.
The house is considered a total loss. No one was hurt.
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos