Cold front brings freezing temps to SE Texas
HOUSTON -- Temperatures will drop below freezing in many neighborhoods again tonight. If you covered your plants last night, you probably should do it again tonight. Your pipes, however, will survive the "light freeze."
There is no Freeze Warning in effect for southeast Texas. Such a warning is only issued for the first freeze of the season, which was last night. But that doesn't mean it will be warmer tonight. The mostly clear sky, light winds and dry air will allow the atmosphere to cool very quickly once the sun goes down.
Temperatures should slowly warmer throughout the rest of the week.
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store 21 min ago
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos