Cold front brings freezing temps to SE Texas
HOUSTON -- Temperatures will drop below freezing in many neighborhoods again tonight. If you covered your plants last night, you probably should do it again tonight. Your pipes, however, will survive the "light freeze."
There is no Freeze Warning in effect for southeast Texas. Such a warning is only issued for the first freeze of the season, which was last night. But that doesn't mean it will be warmer tonight. The mostly clear sky, light winds and dry air will allow the atmosphere to cool very quickly once the sun goes down.
Temperatures should slowly warmer throughout the rest of the week.
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos