Clovis East HS teacher facing sex with minor charges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Clovis East High School science teacher accused of having a sexual relationship with a student has hired a well-known defense attorney to represent her.
Lindsey Trimble was arrested Thursday, the same day a district employee expressed concerns Trimble may have had an inappropriate relationship with a student.
Police say the student was 17 at the time and a junior at the school when he had sexual contact with the teacher off campus. Investigators say the crimes occurred between March and July of this year.
Trimble also coached the boy's tennis team during her two year employment at Clovis East.
Late Tuesday, Trimble hired Jeff Hammerschmidt to defend her against charges that include sex with a minor.
Action News tried to reach Trimble at her Auberry home. No one answered the door.
Investigators initially contacted the teacher at her house, then brought her to police headquarters. After an interview, she was arrested.
Officers believe there is only one victim. Trimble is scheduled to make her first court appearance on December 20th.
sex crimes, crimetracker, clovis unified school district, clovis, fresno county, fresno, local
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- 3 boys missing in Dinuba
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- Toys for Tots warehouse sits empty
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm