Clovis East HS teacher facing sex with minor charges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Clovis East High School science teacher accused of having a sexual relationship with a student has hired a well-known defense attorney to represent her.
Lindsey Trimble was arrested Thursday, the same day a district employee expressed concerns Trimble may have had an inappropriate relationship with a student.
Police say the student was 17 at the time and a junior at the school when he had sexual contact with the teacher off campus. Investigators say the crimes occurred between March and July of this year.
Trimble also coached the boy's tennis team during her two year employment at Clovis East.
Late Tuesday, Trimble hired Jeff Hammerschmidt to defend her against charges that include sex with a minor.
Action News tried to reach Trimble at her Auberry home. No one answered the door.
Investigators initially contacted the teacher at her house, then brought her to police headquarters. After an interview, she was arrested.
Officers believe there is only one victim. Trimble is scheduled to make her first court appearance on December 20th.
sex crimes, crimetracker, clovis unified school district, clovis, fresno county, fresno, local
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Growers watch hourly temps as cold snap approaches
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released 34 min ago
- BART train evacuated after brake problem 20 min ago
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Man tries to kill ex-girlfriend by setting fire to home
- Blue jean bandits hit Eye Candy Fashion Boutique
- Man and two children killed in Merced fire
- Video: Fresno's Christmas Tree Lane sees big crowds
- Suspect hit in Fresno Co. officer involved shooting
- City of Fresno to open warming center
- 68th annual Candy Cane Lane Parade sees changes