Clovis East HS teacher facing sex with minor charges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Clovis East High School science teacher accused of having a sexual relationship with a student has hired a well-known defense attorney to represent her.
Lindsey Trimble was arrested Thursday, the same day a district employee expressed concerns Trimble may have had an inappropriate relationship with a student.
Police say the student was 17 at the time and a junior at the school when he had sexual contact with the teacher off campus. Investigators say the crimes occurred between March and July of this year.
Trimble also coached the boy's tennis team during her two year employment at Clovis East.
Late Tuesday, Trimble hired Jeff Hammerschmidt to defend her against charges that include sex with a minor.
Action News tried to reach Trimble at her Auberry home. No one answered the door.
Investigators initially contacted the teacher at her house, then brought her to police headquarters. After an interview, she was arrested.
Officers believe there is only one victim. Trimble is scheduled to make her first court appearance on December 20th.
sex crimes, crimetracker, clovis unified school district, clovis, fresno county, fresno, local
- Fresno State's new president has been selected
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Two Fresno State students share their stories from Oklahoma
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Xbox One to go on sale in late 2013
- 2016 Super Bowl to be played in 49ers' new stadium
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado
- Mysterious illness kills 2 in southeast Alabama
- Merced Co. may allow fireworks in unincorporated areas
- FUSD gives lessons on eating healthy
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Jodi Arias asks for life in prison