Clovis East HS teacher facing sex with minor charges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Clovis East High School science teacher accused of having a sexual relationship with a student has hired a well-known defense attorney to represent her.
Lindsey Trimble was arrested Thursday, the same day a district employee expressed concerns Trimble may have had an inappropriate relationship with a student.
Police say the student was 17 at the time and a junior at the school when he had sexual contact with the teacher off campus. Investigators say the crimes occurred between March and July of this year.
Trimble also coached the boy's tennis team during her two year employment at Clovis East.
Late Tuesday, Trimble hired Jeff Hammerschmidt to defend her against charges that include sex with a minor.
Action News tried to reach Trimble at her Auberry home. No one answered the door.
Investigators initially contacted the teacher at her house, then brought her to police headquarters. After an interview, she was arrested.
Officers believe there is only one victim. Trimble is scheduled to make her first court appearance on December 20th.
sex crimes, crimetracker, clovis unified school district, clovis, fresno county, fresno, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos