Clovis East HS teacher facing sex with minor charges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Clovis East High School science teacher accused of having a sexual relationship with a student has hired a well-known defense attorney to represent her.
Lindsey Trimble was arrested Thursday, the same day a district employee expressed concerns Trimble may have had an inappropriate relationship with a student.
Police say the student was 17 at the time and a junior at the school when he had sexual contact with the teacher off campus. Investigators say the crimes occurred between March and July of this year.
Trimble also coached the boy's tennis team during her two year employment at Clovis East.
Late Tuesday, Trimble hired Jeff Hammerschmidt to defend her against charges that include sex with a minor.
Action News tried to reach Trimble at her Auberry home. No one answered the door.
Investigators initially contacted the teacher at her house, then brought her to police headquarters. After an interview, she was arrested.
Officers believe there is only one victim. Trimble is scheduled to make her first court appearance on December 20th.
sex crimes, crimetracker, clovis unified school district, clovis, fresno county, fresno, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident