Authorities say man dies from dog mauling in Selma
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is dead after the Fresno Sheriff's Office said dogs went on an attack.
Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies were called to a home near Selma, on Saginaw and Highway 43 on Tuesday night. A woman told officers she found what she thought was a man lying on her driveway.
Deputies say the man's body was covered with wounds. The dogs were found several hours after the attack at a nearby home. Liberty Animal Control" seized the dogs.
Sheriff's officials say the attack was especially vicious. "We had not gone up to the body at the time -- just determined that he was deceased. When they did go back, you could see there was a lot of dog tracks around the body... One witness did see some dogs around him at one point. Then when we tracked down the dogs, we found blood on the dogs," said Chris Curtice, Fresno County Sheriff's Office.
The Fresno County Coroner will determine if the man died from the dog attack. The District Attorney's office will decide whether the dog's owner will face any charges.
animal, crimetracker, selma, fresno county, fresno, local, linda mumma
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88