Authorities say man dies from dog mauling in Selma
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is dead after the Fresno Sheriff's Office said dogs went on an attack.
Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies were called to a home near Selma, on Saginaw and Highway 43 on Tuesday night. A woman told officers she found what she thought was a man lying on her driveway.
Deputies say the man's body was covered with wounds. The dogs were found several hours after the attack at a nearby home. Liberty Animal Control" seized the dogs.
Sheriff's officials say the attack was especially vicious. "We had not gone up to the body at the time -- just determined that he was deceased. When they did go back, you could see there was a lot of dog tracks around the body... One witness did see some dogs around him at one point. Then when we tracked down the dogs, we found blood on the dogs," said Chris Curtice, Fresno County Sheriff's Office.
The Fresno County Coroner will determine if the man died from the dog attack. The District Attorney's office will decide whether the dog's owner will face any charges.
animal, crimetracker, selma, fresno county, fresno, local, linda mumma
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Fire Safety