Authorities say man dies from dog mauling in Selma
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is dead after the Fresno Sheriff's Office said dogs went on an attack.
Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies were called to a home near Selma, on Saginaw and Highway 43 on Tuesday night. A woman told officers she found what she thought was a man lying on her driveway.
Deputies say the man's body was covered with wounds. The dogs were found several hours after the attack at a nearby home. Liberty Animal Control" seized the dogs.
Sheriff's officials say the attack was especially vicious. "We had not gone up to the body at the time -- just determined that he was deceased. When they did go back, you could see there was a lot of dog tracks around the body... One witness did see some dogs around him at one point. Then when we tracked down the dogs, we found blood on the dogs," said Chris Curtice, Fresno County Sheriff's Office.
The Fresno County Coroner will determine if the man died from the dog attack. The District Attorney's office will decide whether the dog's owner will face any charges.
animal, crimetracker, selma, fresno county, fresno, local, linda mumma
- Large explosion, building collapse reported in Harlem 23 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo