Authorities say man dies from dog mauling in Selma
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is dead after the Fresno Sheriff's Office said dogs went on an attack.
Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies were called to a home near Selma, on Saginaw and Highway 43 on Tuesday night. A woman told officers she found what she thought was a man lying on her driveway.
Deputies say the man's body was covered with wounds. The dogs were found several hours after the attack at a nearby home. Liberty Animal Control" seized the dogs.
Sheriff's officials say the attack was especially vicious. "We had not gone up to the body at the time -- just determined that he was deceased. When they did go back, you could see there was a lot of dog tracks around the body... One witness did see some dogs around him at one point. Then when we tracked down the dogs, we found blood on the dogs," said Chris Curtice, Fresno County Sheriff's Office.
The Fresno County Coroner will determine if the man died from the dog attack. The District Attorney's office will decide whether the dog's owner will face any charges.
animal, crimetracker, selma, fresno county, fresno, local, linda mumma
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals