Police say a boy, 12, was shot in East Central Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities are investigating a shooting in East Central Fresno that left a 12 year old boy seriously injured.
Police were called to a house near Illinois and Backer around 9 p.m. Tuesday when they received multiple 9-1-1 calls about shots in the area.
When they arrived at the scene, they discovered a boy had been shot. He was taken to the hospital and his condition has been described as serious.
Police are not releasing any suspect information or a possible motive but say they expect to be at the scene throughout the night and into the morning hours.
crimetracker, shooting, fresno police department, fresno east central, fresno, fresno county, local, amanda perez
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos