Deputy-involved shooting under investigation
DAYTON, TX -- A Liberty County Sheriff's deputy shot a man who reportedly answered the door with a gun in his hand.
It happened at a home just off 321 about eight or nine miles north of Dayton.
Deputies say it started when a man shot a neighbor's dog that had come on to his property. When deputies went to go talk to that homeowner, they say he answered the door armed with a gun. The deputy reportedly felt threatened, drew his weapon and fired while retreating.
The homeowner was hit once in the chest and taken to the hospital. It's unknown if he fired at the deputy, but no deputies were hurt. An investigation into the incident is underway.
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 27 min ago
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF 27 min ago
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows 54 min ago
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases 25 min ago
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
25 min ago
- Traffic flowing through "Braided Ramps"
40 min ago
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos