Two men taken out of Clovis home after standoff
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An eight hour standoff is over after a SWAT Team served an eviction notice in the area of Griffith near Fowler in Clovis.
Both men inside are now in custody but one of them had to be tazed. The men were being escorted out of a foreclosed home they were living in.
Dennis Napier, 60, was led out wearing a helmet. Investigators say he tried fighting off a police dog and was bitten. But police still had to taze him. His son Sean Napier, 35, was taken to jail without incident.
Both men will be charged with resisting arrest but could be released from jail as early as Wednesday night.
crimetracker, swat, standoff, clovis, fresno county, fresno, local
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Surviving the mall's food court
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges