Two men taken out of Clovis home after standoff
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An eight hour standoff is over after a SWAT Team served an eviction notice in the area of Griffith near Fowler in Clovis.
Both men inside are now in custody but one of them had to be tazed. The men were being escorted out of a foreclosed home they were living in.
Dennis Napier, 60, was led out wearing a helmet. Investigators say he tried fighting off a police dog and was bitten. But police still had to taze him. His son Sean Napier, 35, was taken to jail without incident.
Both men will be charged with resisting arrest but could be released from jail as early as Wednesday night.
crimetracker, swat, standoff, clovis, fresno county, fresno, local
- Pedestrian killed in Fresno HWY 99 hit and run
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New Adopt-a-Tree Program at Two Sisters U-Pick Apricots 52 min ago
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos