Two men taken out of Clovis home after standoff
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An eight hour standoff is over after a SWAT Team served an eviction notice in the area of Griffith near Fowler in Clovis.
Both men inside are now in custody but one of them had to be tazed. The men were being escorted out of a foreclosed home they were living in.
Dennis Napier, 60, was led out wearing a helmet. Investigators say he tried fighting off a police dog and was bitten. But police still had to taze him. His son Sean Napier, 35, was taken to jail without incident.
Both men will be charged with resisting arrest but could be released from jail as early as Wednesday night.
crimetracker, swat, standoff, clovis, fresno county, fresno, local
- Earthquake shakes parts of the Central Valley 46 min ago
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam