Teen dies in shooting near Highway 41 and Shields Avenue
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A teen died after a shooting in Northeast Fresno early Saturday morning. The shooting happened around 5:30 a.m. near Highway 41 and Shields Avenue.
The victim, a 16-year-old male, was taken to Community Regional Medical Center, and later died from his wounds.
Police tell Action News, they believe this is a gang-related shooting.
crimetracker, shooting, murder, fresno northeast, fresno, fresno county, local
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy