Visalia police investigating downtown assault
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities in Visalia have detained at least one person for questioning after a woman was assaulted.
Visalia police were called to the scene just after 4:30 a.m. Monday after a city worker found a woman badly injured right in front of the side entrance of the Fugazzi's Restaurant in Downtown Visalia.
The city worker noticed the woman was breathing and called 9-1-1. When police got here they transported her to Kaweah Delta Medical Center which is just a block away but she was ultimately taken to a hospital in Fresno because her injuries are so severe. Police say the woman was bludgeoned and they are looking into whether she was sexually assaulted as well.
Officers say the attack happened sometime in the early hours of the morning but they're not sure how long she was out here until she was found.
They spent most of the morning here collecting evidence. Detectives believe the attack happened just a few feet from where she was found.
Visalia police are looking for any possible surveillance video from downtown overnight and they're asking anyone who knows anything about the crime to call them immediately.
visalia, tulare county, crimetracker, local, jessica peres
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180 11 min ago
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase 14 min ago
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor 47 min ago
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Free dental care to be offered in Fresno 9 min ago