Fresno boy, 12, dies from gunshot wounds
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 12-year-old boy shot in a Fresno shooting last week has died.
Investigators identified the child as Matthew Castillo. He was hit by one of several bullets fired into his family's home on Illinois and Backer in East Central Fresno, Tuesday night. He's been in the hospital on life support since then.
Police believe the boy was an innocent victim, and that someone else in the house was the target.
shooting, crimetracker, fresno police department, fresno east central, fresno, fresno county, local
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos