Fresno boy, 12, dies from gunshot wounds
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 12-year-old boy shot in a Fresno shooting last week has died.
Investigators identified the child as Matthew Castillo. He was hit by one of several bullets fired into his family's home on Illinois and Backer in East Central Fresno, Tuesday night. He's been in the hospital on life support since then.
Police believe the boy was an innocent victim, and that someone else in the house was the target.
shooting, crimetracker, fresno police department, fresno east central, fresno, fresno county, local
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos