Spiritual symbols crafted for the survivors of the attack
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Valley community moved by the images of despair and loss of life at Sandy Hook Elementary is now rallying together to show their support.
Yvonne Silva is putting together strings of hope for the children of Sandy Hook Elementary. "We love them, we are sorry. We will continue to pray for them and if there is anything we can do to help them with anything all they got to do is call," said Silva.
Silva said her Catholic faith is what called her to make 700 rosaries for the mourning community. She and other volunteers are now hand making rosaries for every child who attends the school. Volunteers are also putting together special strings for families who lost someone in the shooting. "If it's something in their room, if it's hanging on their bedpost, if they carry it with them. It is something that is a reminder that God is with them," said Silva.
Yvonne's hope is to send the rosaries by the end of the week. Her ultimate goal is to hand deliver them with a hug to the people of Newtown, Connecticut.
crimetracker, shooting, connecticut, local, mariana jacob
- Obama: Sanctions show costs to Russia on Crimea
- Sonic robbed at gunpoint in Clovis
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Large fire burns abandoned home in Central Fresno
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Los Angeles police get loaner Lamborghini
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos