Spiritual symbols crafted for the survivors of the attack
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Valley community moved by the images of despair and loss of life at Sandy Hook Elementary is now rallying together to show their support.
Yvonne Silva is putting together strings of hope for the children of Sandy Hook Elementary. "We love them, we are sorry. We will continue to pray for them and if there is anything we can do to help them with anything all they got to do is call," said Silva.
Silva said her Catholic faith is what called her to make 700 rosaries for the mourning community. She and other volunteers are now hand making rosaries for every child who attends the school. Volunteers are also putting together special strings for families who lost someone in the shooting. "If it's something in their room, if it's hanging on their bedpost, if they carry it with them. It is something that is a reminder that God is with them," said Silva.
Yvonne's hope is to send the rosaries by the end of the week. Her ultimate goal is to hand deliver them with a hug to the people of Newtown, Connecticut.
crimetracker, shooting, connecticut, local, mariana jacob
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in...
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos