Shipping your gifts in time for Christmas
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- With Christmas just a week away, many people are heading to the post office to make sure their gift end up under the tree.
It may be the most wonderful time of the year, but it when it comes to the post office it's also the busiest.
"Mail a package to my grandson, my son and daughter in law to Ames, Iowa," Marge Ebel said. "We'd like to deliver it in person, but that's a long ways."
Ebel was among the many Valley residents who made a stop at a busy Northeast Fresno post office. On Monday, postal employees around the country will process more than 650-million pieces of mail.
Although many people came to the post office on Monday, economic experts say if you're shopping online, your shipping deadline is also quickly approaching.
Dr.Bill Rice said, "But Christmas? It better be under that Christmas tree on that morning or that night because that's the psychological effect of 'I love you and here's your gift.' It's unbelievable this time pressure of getting things done."
Dr. Bill Rice advises shoppers to look at the fine print when it comes to free shipping deals. And if you still need to mail out packages, officials say you still have some time.
Fresno Postmaster Eve Forrest said, "You have until Friday to mail priority mail. Saturday, you want to express mail in order to get there by Christmas."
local, amanda venegas
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District 5 min ago
- Fire truck overturns in multiple vehicle collision in SE Fresno 28 min ago
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Coalinga dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- New medical center breaks ground in Visalia
- Fresno City Council votes against planned bike lane
- Accuweather Forecast
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos