Shipping your gifts in time for Christmas
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- With Christmas just a week away, many people are heading to the post office to make sure their gift end up under the tree.
It may be the most wonderful time of the year, but it when it comes to the post office it's also the busiest.
"Mail a package to my grandson, my son and daughter in law to Ames, Iowa," Marge Ebel said. "We'd like to deliver it in person, but that's a long ways."
Ebel was among the many Valley residents who made a stop at a busy Northeast Fresno post office. On Monday, postal employees around the country will process more than 650-million pieces of mail.
Although many people came to the post office on Monday, economic experts say if you're shopping online, your shipping deadline is also quickly approaching.
Dr.Bill Rice said, "But Christmas? It better be under that Christmas tree on that morning or that night because that's the psychological effect of 'I love you and here's your gift.' It's unbelievable this time pressure of getting things done."
Dr. Bill Rice advises shoppers to look at the fine print when it comes to free shipping deals. And if you still need to mail out packages, officials say you still have some time.
Fresno Postmaster Eve Forrest said, "You have until Friday to mail priority mail. Saturday, you want to express mail in order to get there by Christmas."
local, amanda venegas
- 3 boys missing in Dinuba
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- Toys for Tots warehouse sits empty
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover