Shipping your gifts in time for Christmas
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- With Christmas just a week away, many people are heading to the post office to make sure their gift end up under the tree.
It may be the most wonderful time of the year, but it when it comes to the post office it's also the busiest.
"Mail a package to my grandson, my son and daughter in law to Ames, Iowa," Marge Ebel said. "We'd like to deliver it in person, but that's a long ways."
Ebel was among the many Valley residents who made a stop at a busy Northeast Fresno post office. On Monday, postal employees around the country will process more than 650-million pieces of mail.
Although many people came to the post office on Monday, economic experts say if you're shopping online, your shipping deadline is also quickly approaching.
Dr.Bill Rice said, "But Christmas? It better be under that Christmas tree on that morning or that night because that's the psychological effect of 'I love you and here's your gift.' It's unbelievable this time pressure of getting things done."
Dr. Bill Rice advises shoppers to look at the fine print when it comes to free shipping deals. And if you still need to mail out packages, officials say you still have some time.
Fresno Postmaster Eve Forrest said, "You have until Friday to mail priority mail. Saturday, you want to express mail in order to get there by Christmas."
local, amanda venegas
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment 21 min ago
- SoCal nurse in critical condition after stabbing 14 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno...
21 min ago
- SoCal nurse in critical condition after...
15 min ago