Battle over emergency services in Merced County
MERCED COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A battle is brewing over which company will provide exclusive ambulance service in Merced County.
Right now, Riggs Ambulance Service responds to emergencies, and has served the community since 1948. But that could soon change.
American Medical Response also submitted a bid, and recently beat out it's competition by just a few points.
At one time, both agencies said the scoring system was flawed, but RAS is now asking the county to throw out the results and start again.
Don Vornax said, "Our primary concern is the scoring of the judges and how they came up with the scores they did. The majority of evaluators said we chose SEMSA, but county on a narrow 4 point margin gave it to AMR."
The board is expected to vote on the issue at it's meeting on January 29th.
merced county, merced, local, linda mumma
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies